There is a LOT involved in purchasing a home, and many steps that must be taken to ensure a smooth ride along the way. Many people think that the first step in home buying is calling a lender and getting pre-approved… which is CLOSE, but not what I recommend.
Your first step towards buying a home should be to call ME (or any REALTOR®)!
When you call a local REALTOR® first, they can help you find not just any lender but a GREAT lender! By that, I mean a lender who not only has great rates, but also….
- Answers their phone when you call and replies to your emails
- Keeps everyone involved updated on the progress of the loan
- Closes ON TIME!
- Is close enough so that if I really have to, I can go to their office and talk to them
- Wants to make us both happy so that we bring more referrals to them
- Is in the same time zone so that we can reach them if needed even during closing
- Has local underwriters to help avoid timing issues that can arise
Not all lenders are created equal, so call me first! I can help you find the RIGHT lender because I have worked with many of them here in the Houston area and I know who I can trust and who doesn’t answer their phones. Call me if you are thinking of buying, building or selling!