You expect your agent to always be open and honest with you. You don’t want them to lie about how much they could sell your home for, just to get the listing. You wouldn’t want someone who was unethical to represent you. You would never want your agent to show you houses that they knew you could never afford to buy.
Your relationship with your real estate is a partnership. It might feel like you are giving up some of the control to have someone negotiate on your behalf, but it really is in your best interest. In fact, everything I do is in your best interest, it’s what I do. It is even required by my Code of Ethics and specifically outlined in the Agency Policy that I explain to you at the beginning of the partnership. If you are honest and open with me about your goals, it is much easier for me to get you what YOU want!
How do I help you figure out what your goals really are? When we first meet, I like to go through 3 or 4 important questions with you.
Where are you now?
- Where do you live now?
- What do you like about it, what attracted you to the home?
- What do you want to change?
- Are you committed to a lease?
- What are your mortgage payments like?
- How much do you owe?
Where do you WANT to be?
- What are you looking for in your dream house?
- Where do you want it to be?
- How long have you been looking at homes?
- Are you considering a new build?
- Have you been working with a Realtor?
How will we get you from where you ARE to where you WANT TO BE?
- Are you pre-approved for a mortgage or would you like me to refer you to someone I trust?
- How much are homes like your selling for?
- What marketing strategies will be best for your home?
- What price range do you want to be in?
- Do you need help with closing costs?
- When would you like to move?
- Do you need referrals for painters, movers, insurance, or anything else house related?
I can help you get from Point A to Point B on your terms, as long as you let me know what those terms are. I am your partner, not your adversary, it is my job to get you what you want. I strive to do so in such a manner that you will want to tell all of your friends and family about me as well. The more open you can be about what you want, the more likely it is that you will get it!!