Radon in the news in Indy area

The IndyStar recently reported that many schools in the area have not tested for Radon lately, and were not interested in having a free test performed. Radon is an odorless, colorless, tasteless radioactive gas that is naturally present in the Indianapolis area. It seeps from the ground into area homes and can lead to cancer if levels are too high.
Local schools turned down free testing, according to the article, because once they find out that there is a problem, the cost of a fix could be too high.
I advise my buyers (especially those buying homes with basements) to get a Radon test done.
Here’s a short video from USInspect about Radon:
http://www.usinspect.com/residential/videos/more-about-radonMore Info:



Radon is a naturally occurring, invisible, colorless, odorless, radioactive gas. Elevated levels have been found in homes in every state. Any home can have a problem (new or old homes, well-sealed or drafty homes, and homes with or without basements). The National Academy of Sciences estimates that radon, the second leading cause of lung cancer, causes between 15,400 and 21,800 lung cancer deaths per year in the U.S.

Home Buyers & Sellers

Home Buyer’s & Seller’s Guide

Buying a new home

How to reduce radon levels


Citizen’s guide to radon

Radon guide for tenants

Reducing radon risks

Radon myths

Radon in schools

Radon Info for Kids

U.S. Maps

Radon zone map

Geologic radon potential

Uranium concentrations

Radon Geeks

Physician’s guide to radon

Geology of radon

BEIR V1 Radon Report


Article courtesy of U.S. Inspect.



What'cha Say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s